- 1/2 cup cooked Toor Dal (the split yellow lentils)
- 2 tbls Vegtable broth (only needed if using fresh garlic and ginger)
- 1 can fire roasted organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tbls ginger garlic paste or 1 finely chopped garlic and 1 inch finely chopped ginger (you can use a food processor to get them both evenly chopped)
- 1/3 cup Organic Soy Cream, unflavored
- 1 tbls cumin
- 1 tbls coriander
- 2 tbls cilantro
- 1/2 tbls garam marsala
- pinch of salt
- If using fresh garlic and ginger, put the vegetable broth in pan and bring to a slight boil. It should only take a couple minutes. Add in the garlic and ginger. If using garlic ginger paste skip to step 2.
- Empty your can of tomatoes into a pan and bring to a boil
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for 1 minute
- Add organic soy cream, cumin, coriander, lowering the heat and simmering 5 minutes, stirring to distribute flavors evenly
- Add cilantro, and garam marsala, stir, and turn off the heat.
- Salt to taste
Serve over brown rice and enjoy! I didn’t take a picture, because it was just so good I ate most of it, but there is some left over and I will take a picture of it tomorrow.
*Updated, added the picture of my leftovers as promised, on the side is braised mustard greens with baby spinach and raab flowers with a simple mediteranean dressing.