After my Green detox smoothie this morning, my lunch consisted of this beautiful lightly dressed salad. Beets are an excellent detoxing food because they have a huge amount of phytonutrients. We steam them breifly in this recipe, making them more appealing for a salad, but they are very good raw as well. Just grate them up and toss them on the salad if you don’t want to steam them.
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 beet, peeled and chopped very thin, and steamed for 5 minutes
- 1 mandarin orange, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey (or agave)
- 1 garlic clove crushed (allow to sit for at least 5 minutes)
- salt and pepper to taste
The first thing you want to do is dress the spinach and let it sit for about 10 minutes so that the leaves wilt a tiny bit. While the spinach is wilting, steam the beat for 5 minutes or until its tender enough to be peirced with a fork. Then just add the rest of the ingredients, mix it up, and enjoy!