I made this tonight, and it is my BEST peanut sauce to date. I hadn’t planned on putting it up on the blog….so I ate it before I got to take any pictures. However, since it was SO yummy, I changed my mind last minute. If I make this again I’ll add a picture…in the meantime, here’s a picture from the web. I served this over brown Rice noodles, but it would be delicious over soba or rice as well.
- 4 tbsp all Natural Peanut butter (use sugar free, the kind that separates from the oil…if you can grind your own, even better!)
- 1/3 cup of warm water
- 2 tbsp amino acids
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, grated let to sit for 5 minutes (I used garlic paste actually, from the indian grocery)
- juice of half a lemon (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce (more if you like things spicy, or omit altogether)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp cilantro, diced really small
In a sauce pan, add the peanut butter, water, amino acids, honey and garlic and stir it over medium heat, bringing it to a boil and stirring constantly to melt it all together. This should take about 5 minutes. Lower the heat, continuing to stir, about another 2 minutes, it will thicken and reduce. Add the lemon, srirach, vinegar and cilantro and stir another 5 minutes over low heat.
raw sesame seeds